Delta Faucet Helps Americans Increase Water Efficiency for Fix a Leak Week 2015, March 16-22
March 16, 2015
New WaterSense®-labeled bath technologies from Delta Faucet Company help consumers save water and money
On average, a household's leaks can account for more than 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year, equivalent to the amount of water needed to wash 270 loads of laundry, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In celebration of Fix a Leak Week 2015, Delta Faucet Company, a 2014 WaterSense Manufacturer Partner of the Year, spotlights products and innovations to encourage consumers to become more water efficient and tackle common home leaks.
"As a proud WaterSense® partner, Delta Faucet always looks for smart solutions that help consumers address water efficiency in their homes and are easy to install," said Paul Patton, senior research and development and regulatory manager for Delta Faucet Company. "We're encouraging all homeowners to rid their homes of leaks during Fix a Leak Week to conserve water resources and cut down on their water-related expenses."
Delta Faucet suggests a number of key problem areas and solutions for addressing everyday leaks at home:
- Homeowners can save 13,000 gallons of water per year by replacing older, inefficient toilets with new WaterSense-labeled ones. To make toilet installation easier, all Delta® toilets feature a SmartFit® tank-to-bowl connection, which reduces potential leak points and prevents over-tightening.
As typical tank or toilet leaks can go undetected by many homeowners and even the smallest leak can waste gallons of water, Delta toilets with FlushIQ™ Technology also boast overflow protection and leak detection:
- A sensor inside the tank monitors the water level in the tank. If the water level in the tank drops, potentially
due to a leak, the tank will not refill, and the next time the toilet is flushed, a yellow LED indicator signals
that a leak has been detected.
- A sensor on the back of the bowl monitors the water level in the bowl. This sensor prevents any additional
flushes from occurring if the water level in the bowl comes up too high, helping prevent costly and/or
messy overflow situations.
- One of the easiest water-efficiency upgrades to make in the home is in the shower. With more water-efficient options available than ever, there is no need to sacrifice a quality shower experience. The Delta In2ition® two-in-one multi-setting showerhead with H2Okinetic® Technology provides a warmer, more drenching, luxurious shower experience that blankets the body while using 20% less water than standard showerheads.
- Delta EZ Anchor® Technology makes installing a faucet easier than ever with an "above the deck" mounting assembly system. The WaterSense-labeled Delta Ashlyn™ widespread bath faucet with EZ Anchor Technology flows at 1.5 gallons per minute, which is more efficient than the industry standard of 2.2 gallons per minute. All Delta lavatories meet or exceed WaterSense requirements.
Simple and easy bathroom upgrades can save water and potentially lower monthly bills. For additional information about water-efficient products and smart solutions, visit deltafaucet.com or visit epa.gov/watersense to learn more about Fix a Leak Week and ways to promote water efficiency.
About Delta Faucet Company
Founded by Masco Corporation in 1954 with the introduction of the single-handle faucet, Delta Faucet Company is proud to be America's faucet innovation leader, featuring Delta®, Brizo® and Peerless® products. A WaterSense® partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Delta Faucet is a global organization that offers kitchen faucets, bath faucets, shower heads, shower systems, toilets and related accessories, selling products in more than 53 countries. For more information, visit www.deltafaucet.com.