As an accomplished litigator and legal advisor with expertise in labor and employment law and government relations, Mr. Turner brings to our Board substantial insight in these areas. His background, coupled with his service as a director of a financial institution and a member of its enterprise risk committee, make him a valuable asset to our Board in the areas of risk management and finance. Mr. Turner has numerous and varied experiences in business, civic and charitable leadership roles, and his skills and insight benefit our Board as it considers issues of risk management, corporate governance and legal risk.
- Director of Comerica Incorporated since 2005, where he currently serves on that board’s Enterprise Risk Committee, Audit Committee and Qualified Legal Compliance Committee
- President of the American Bar Association (2021-2022)
- Past President of the National Bar Association and past President of the State Bar of Michigan
- Active in public service and with civic and charitable organizations, serving in leadership positions with the Detroit Public Safety Foundation, the Detroit Institute of Arts, and the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Past Chair of the United Way for Southeastern Michigan