Mr. O’Herlihy joined Illinois Tool Works Inc. in 1989. During his 30 years with Illinois Tool Works, he has held several executive positions through which he has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of business, including business strategy, operations, mergers and acquisitions, emerging markets, financial performance and structure, legal matters and human resources/talent management. His current responsibilities include developing and executing the company’s overall corporate growth strategy. He brings to our Board strategic insight and understanding of complex business and manufacturing operations, as well as a valuable perspective of international business operations, gained through his experience with a multi-billion dollar diversified global organization.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.:
- Executive Vice President, with worldwide responsibility for Illinois Tool Works’ Food Equipment Group (2010-2015)
- Group President – Food Equipment Group Worldwide (2010)
- Group President – Food Equipment Group International (2009-2010)
- For almost 30 years, served in various positions of increasing responsibility, including as Group President of the Polymers and Fluids Group